Urban Centers Courses for the Community
Course materials are ready and waiting to help you teach classes in the areas of health and wellness, life skills, and more. Leaders' guides and PowerPoint presentations are available for classes on these topics and many more:
- Birth Companions: 11 sessions to train people to coach or mentor new mothers
- Heart Health: 8 sessions prepared by a cardiac specialist for use in seminars, small groups and other venues.
- Resume Writing: 4 sessions to help community members get on a track to employment
- Journey to Wholeness: 4 sessions for use in helping people in recovery from addictions
Login is required. Request access at the Urban Centers website.Read More
Community Services and Urban Ministry Certification Program Curriculum
Modules include teaching notes and PowerPoint presentations along with handouts and more. Topics include:
- Community Assessment and Social Capital
- Ministry Development and Strategic Planning
- Organizational Leadership and Team Development
- Ministering Across Cultures
- Urban Mission 101
Global Mission Center Tools for Communicating with People of Different Faith Backgrounds
Cities in many places around the world are growing rapidly, and becoming more and more diverse. To help you communicate with people a variety of faith backgrounds, the Global Mission Centers have provided many valuable resources. Visit, and register for access.Read More
Refugee & Immigrant Ministry Ideas
Adventist Refugee and Immigrant Ministries offers a simple guide to help you get started reaching out to refugees, immigrants, and visitors from other countries in your city. It's full of ideas and tips that will make the process much easier, and guide you toward building a strong and healthy group. Click below to read or to download and share with your church.Read More
Comprehensive Health Ministry Resources
Jesus was the originator of Comprehensive Health Ministry, and we can learn to work as He did. Ministry in Motion has shared several programs that explain the value of this approach and how it works.
- Comprehensive Health Ministry - Ted Wilson
- Extending the Healing Ministry of Jesus - Mark Finley
- How to Launch a Local Church Health Ministry - Derek Morris
- Comprehensive Health Ministry - Drs. Allen Handysides and Peter Landless
Urban Adventist Volunteers Calls
English/Bible Teacher in South Korea
Your skills as a native speaker together with your Bachelor's degree in any field will open doors in South Korea's large cities for you to make friends for Christ! Click here for details.
English Teacher in Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand is only about 1% Christian, and there are only around 3,000 Adventists in the country. Also, learn more about the needs in Thailand by watching "I Want This City." Volunteer position details here.
English Teacher in Yerevan, Armenia
The language center in this large city needs English teachers who have completed at least two years of university, and who will seek to adapt to the culture as a part of making friends for Christ. Details here.
Visit the Adventist Volunteers website to search hundreds of calls by country or position type.Read More