Who is praying for the cities? Will you?
Maybe it looks like a transportation map, but each line represents a region of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and each station is a city of a million or more. Pray for one city each day, check them off as you go, and pray your way around the world!
To get your free prayer map, click the link below, or call 301-680-6005 Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.Request One Now
Read inspiring stories of how God has provided when members moved in faith to reach the cities!
- Wellness center in Portugal short 4,000 Euros, asks "Whose project is this?"
- Miraculous property acquisition in Hanoi
- God provides property at perfect location in Israel
- Loma Linda history -- $170,000 property purchased for $40,000
- Tell us how God provided for your Life Hope Center!
Ministry in Motion
MINISTRY IN MOTION is a television program exploring best practices for ministry. Interview topics and speakers related to reaching people in cities include:
- Engaging Youth in Urban Mission - Doug Venn & Gilbert Cangy
- Urban Evangelism - Gary Krause
- Reaching the Secular Mind - Jared Thurmon
- Centers of Influence - Doug Venn
- Ministering to High-Risk Youth - Mario Broussard II
- Urban Ministry - Tara VinCross
- Comprehensive Urban Ministry - Wes Via
- Church Planting in Tough Places - Tara VinCross
- Mission to the Cities - Ted Wilson
Special Needs Ministries Resources
Ministering to needs in the city means getting practical. Adventist Special Needs Ministries offers tools that can be used to start and grow ministries to and through those with differing abilities. Resources provided will help you reach out to:
- Families of individuals with autism
- Those with visual impairment
- Those with hearing impairment
- Orphans and other vulnerable children
- Those with mobility disabilities
- Those with intellectual disabilities
Resources on helping to meet many other types of special needs are also available.
Thrift Store Ministry Summit
The Washington Conference together with Adventist Community Services put on a conference offering training on how to run a thrift store ministry. Presentations include topics such as:
- Business Plans - Tim Zollbrecht
- Board Issues - Byron Dulan
- Marketing and Creating a Logo - Heidi Baumgartner
- Working with Volunteers - Norm Thiel
- Collaboration - Ira Bartalome